Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bintan

I arrived in Johor Baru at 9.00 am on 8th.Dec.2008. I fix my bike at the bus station, and cycle down to Setulang ferry terminal to Tanjong Pinang, Indonesea. The ferry to Tg.Pinang fare cost 83RM, I was told 60RM earlier. I arrived in Tanjong Pinang at 2.00pm. I was told by the local people I have to go to Kijang to get a bigger ferry to Jakarta.There is no ferry to Jakarta from T.Pinang. I have no plan cycling in T.Pinang. So I cycle down to Kijang about 24km. But thing went wrong I took a wrong road and I did 45km to kijang. All the way there are small hills, I have to cycle up and down. And it was raining all the way. I get information that only two ferry trip to Jakarta a week that is on Monday and Thursday only. But my luck was not good. There is no ferry on Monday, so I have to wait until Wednesday.
Very helpful lady name Me Me
I stay in a room for 20.000R a night about 3RM. It is a real village, and meet many local people and had local food. Many people in Kijang are poor. There is no tape-water, I have to use well water for my bath. Toilet and bathroom are not clean. There many call-girls here and very beautiful plus young. To me I don't any mood because they look like my children. May be my next page I will send some pictures

Villagers in Kijang

A old lady smoking cigarette

1 comment:

ARZ said...

David,
Pls check your email. My friend from Malang has told his friend about your trip and he had replied to you. Maybe they can assist you. Good Luck. I will be following your trip.

RAMLI